Up to £25,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator for a precision engineering company based in Stockport, you will be working on a day’s shift and be offered a competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
• For the role of Estimator you will be involved in the purchasing of materials, mainly steel and aluminium but also some delryn and acetal using the companies suppliers list but also obtaining new quotes where required for all milled, turned, slotted, broached, welded and gear cut enquiries.
• You will occasionally have some involvement liaising with suppliers to ensure strong relationships are built for the role of Estimator.
• You will be required to manage all enquiries from new and current client’s either through telephone or email communication.
• For the role of Estimator, you will be dealing with invoice or delivery queries as and when required, as well as supporting and dealing with problems raised by suppliers and communicating with other members of the team.
• Extensive previous experience as an Estimator and purchasing materials such as aluminium and steel within an engineering environment is essential to be considered for the role.
• Previous experience of BOM creation, works order management and understanding the overall flow of a manufacturing programme is highly advantageous for the role of Estimator.
• Proven negotiation skills and cost reduction experience is essential to be considered.
• Full, clean drivers licence is essential as there will be occasions where you will need to visit customers for the role of Estimator.
The company are a precision and general engineering workshop offering a range of services from milling/turning, grinding and gear manufacturing, due to growth are now looking for an Estimator to join their team in Stockport.
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!