Temporary to permanent
Up to £12.00 per hour
We are looking for a skilled Welder Fabricator to work under own initiative making prototype tools and welding fixtures for the assembly of the production parts. You will operate appropriate equipment to produce the parts required, training will be given on bending machines and such like where necessary.
Key role and responsibilities for this role;
• For the role of Welder fabricator, you will be able to read drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
• You will be able to determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements for the role of Welder Fabricator.
• You will set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
• You will be operating angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded for the role of Welder Fabricator.
• For the role of Welder Fabricator, you will align components using callipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
• You will assist in the manufacture parts required using in house machinery for the role of Welder Fabricator.
Minimum requirements for this role;
• Proven experience of MIG welding is essential for the role of Welder Fabricator.
• TIG welding would be highly advantageous but not essential to be considered.
• Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, callipers etc.)
• For the role of Welder Fabricator, the ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings is essential.
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
• Deftness and attention to detail
• Ability to set a bending machine would be an advantage for the role of Welder Fabricator, but training will be given to the successful applicant willing to learn.
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!